Monday, June 27, 2011

Update

I wanted to share a note from my sister that she posted on Facebook today. It's one thing to have me tell everyone thanks, but it's different coming from her. I know that it is a heart felt thank you. I hope you enjoy reading it.
To my sister I want to say No thanks was needed. We all did this because we wanted to. I enjoyed it and have learned a lot through it. Keep your head up and keep pushing on. We may not understand why Zac is going through this, but there is a reason. I love you guys and will continue to "be in your corner".


Well, I've let a litte over a week pass since the benefit, in hopes with coming up with some wonderful, eloquent words to thank everybody, but for once in my life I'm at a loss for words. We have been so blessed, in awe of, & overwhelmed by the amount of support from everyone. It seemed fitting that my "thank you" should follow suit in that magnitude, but I just can't come up with anything more grandiloquent than a good 'ol, bottom of the heart THANK YOU! You may think it's cheesy, insincere, lazy, or whatever other synonym you want to come up with, but all I can tell you is, it is what it is....Thanks, thanksgiving, from the most unpretentious place in my heart. I type this with tears streaming down my face....and y'all know I don't let them roll often. We are humbled by your outpouring of love, care, and generosity. Thank you for loving. Thank you for supporting. Thank you for praying. Thank you for giving. Thank you for coming. Thank your for sacrificing a day for our family. The list goes on. Thank you!
I know that the "main event" is over, but this is just the beginning of yet another journey for our family. Our hopes and prayers are that Zac is made healthier by this surgery. However, it doesn't come without risks and new challenges. Please continue to lift us up in prayer. Although so grateful and indebted, no amount of money or number of benefits can replace the power of prayer. I firmly believe it has gotten us through each day of the last 4 years. We are able to cope and parent a special needs child because of prayer. There are books, articles, other people's advice, but it's the divine guidance from the Lord that we rely and depend on. We pray, but sometimes we get tired and weary and that's where the power of your prayer manifests. We're able to push through a difficult time because of you praying. You are our Aaron and Hur, thank you. (Exodus 17:12)
There are so many people and businesses we want to thank for making Seize a Cure for Zac Benefit such a special day for our family. For the event organizers, I'll start with my dear friend Alicia. This was her brainchild. Having the generous heart she has, she saw a need and reached out to our family. From there she reached out to other friends of ours and family to make this a multi-event benefit. Thank you to Karen for organizing the poker run, BBQ, and silent auction. When I list it out like that, it makes it seem like you didn't do much, but you were there, everyday, helping plan the ins and outs and sort out the details. Your passion and determination to help our family is truly amazing and I am proud to call you friend. To a young man that captured my heart and gave me another reason to love being an Ag teacher- building relationships.....Keegan. Thank you for loving me and my family and taking your passion for vehicles and using it as an avenue to help us. Organinzing such an event is an arduous task and you did a wonderful job! Thank you also for securing some big ticket items for auction. You're a talented young man and the future holds great things for you! Next, my sister in law, Angie. Officially, I have to thank you for organizing the 5K, but we're family so there's many other things we're grateful for in addition. Thank you for being an integral part of our day from the 5K to manning the bounceys! Most of all, I'd just like to say I'm proud to call you sister in law and I love you! Last, but certainly not least, my sister Courtney. You did so much to help make this day possible. Securing vendors, Facebook PR, the blog, and probably a whole lot more that I don't know about because you were always careful "not to bother or stress me with the details". Thank you for knowing how important it is to us that people are knowlegable about Epilepsy. I just want you to know I'm proud that you're my sister....and I think I have to best one in the world! Thank you for always being in our corner. I love you!!
Now for everyone else, I fear, no, I KNOW I will leave someone out, so I apologize in advance. Thank you for making June 18, 2011 a special day for Zac and our family: Sunnyside Grocery, Mac's Grill, The Garden Patch, Monkey Mac Boutique, Ransom Note Gifts, Jinger's Showcase, 5 Star Tire & Auto, Piggly Wiggly of Thomaston, Sidney Lee, Allied Amusements, Taylor-Foster Rentals, Phil Johnston, Downey's Trees, Teal's Recycling, Ideal Amusements Inc., Stockbridge Army-Navy Store, Due South Band, Triple Threat, Orignal Cover, UGA Athletics, Pike Depot, Xtreme Rider, Sugarland, R&D Music, Zac Brown Band, Chris Moss, Hunter Price, Premier Machine, Southern Luxury, Quad Graphics, Brad Fallin, & Julie and Danny Bishop. We appreciate how you've helped our family and are grateful for your support!
Check out the pics from the event on my page. Please continue to pray and stay in touch: FB at Seize a Cure for Zac and www.allforzac.blogspot.com.

Until next time.... spread the word, stay tuned, and count your blessings everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment