Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friday's Fact Week 7

I'm a day late with Friday's Fact. I apologize. I guess three kids and life in general got in the way this week. Here goes.... this week's fact is.... There are about 300,000 American children living with epilepsy! For some it will be a temporary problem, easily controlled by medication, and outgrown. For others, it may be a lifelong challenge affecting many areas of their life. Children and parents face many challenges. Scholastic achievments can become more difficult and social issues can easily develop. As a parent of 3 myself, my heart breaks to know that there are this many children with epilepsy in America. The Epilepsy Foundation offers educational programs throughout the country to help educate parents, teachers, and caregivers. Some of them are "National Center for Project Access", and "Epilepsy and my Child" (www.epilepsyandmychild.com). "Take Charge of the Facts" also offers seizure training for school personnel. I hope this information is helpful.
We only have 2 more weeks until our big Seize a Cure for Zac event in Thomaston, GA on June 18th! It's down to the wire, and I want to thank everyone that has helped. We'll have a car show, 5k, Poker Run, vendors, live music, food, kid zone, auction, and more. I hope you will come out for a day of fun and help us to find a cure for my nephew Zac. If you are new to the blog please go to the bottom of the page and click on older posts. You can then read Zac's Journey and read his story. Find us on Facebook, listen out for us on local Jackson, Griffin, and Thomaston radio, and check your local Henry, Spalding, Lamar, and Upson County papers.
Until next time.... stay tuned, spread the word, and count your blessings everyday!

-Zac's Aunt Court


Since this post focused on children with epilepsy, I thought I'd post a picture of Zac doing what he does best... being a child and making us laugh. As stated in an earlier post, we believe laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment