Thursday, June 16, 2011

Treasure


I wanted to post a quick post. I have had the pleasure to spend the past few days with my nephew Zac. It's been a while since he's spent the night, much less more than one. Somehow they always "forget" his meds.. ;) Maybe they don't want me to "worry" with him in the night... idk. Reguardless, I got some long overdue "Zac time".
I am the type of woman that doesn't need much. No fancy house or car. No $50 makeup. No $400 purse. Just my family and good times. That is what I truely treasure. I have laughed so hard these past few days that my stomach hurts. Let's face it, my tummy could've used it anyway. Zac and my oldest child Dustin are only 8 months apart. They say that they are "brothas from anotha motha". And they truely are. They are two peas in a pod. I've had two batmen/hunters/whatever their imagination could drum up running around in both store bought and homemade costumes for days. Yes, Halloween is all year with these two. We've even figured out a way of making bedtime a fun time when Zac is here. We drag our matress and all the camping gear into the living room and "camp out". Works pretty good. I can keep an eye on him without him realizing it.
My middle child and Zac don't see "eye to eye" as well though. They are both type A people. But they even managed to get along @ Noah's Ark while D was at tutoring today.

I guess my point is that sometimes we all get so caught up in his illness that we forget what a treasure Zac is. It's those silly moments that epilepsy can't take away.
I look forward to many more memories with that crazy child. I hope you'll come out to Seize a Cure for Zac on June 18th in Thomaston for a day of food and fun to help us find a cure for Zac so he can have many more carefree years. As usual, I'll post Friday's Fact for y'all tom!!
Until next time... spread the word, stay tuned, and count your blessings everyday.

-Zac's Aunt Court

No comments:

Post a Comment