Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rough Day for a Little Guy

Now that my own children are safely tucked in their beds I can grab a few minutes to update you on Zac. He had two unexpected seizures today. The second quickly followed the first. I could hear the frustration in my sister's voice as she told me the details. Who could blame her? They just cut half of her son's head open twice a few months ago and he's still having seizures. Not near as many, but still having them, and this makes three in a week.
It's funny how (I believe) god can take a phone call or conversation or situation to bring you back to reality. As stated in my last post, I have had my own little medical journey over the last 2 years. I recently went to a neurologist myself. And... let's just say I got some good news but was put on a medication that is similar to one of Zac's 4 pm medications. Boy was it eye opening! It has given me a new respect for that brave kiddo! How dare I complain of my side effects to ONE medication or car trouble or whatever minor thing my day has brought. Hearing about his day made all of my troubles seem so small..... back to reality I came. Talk about a god wink!
His quality of life has improved since the sugery, but we had really hoped for healing. Please just take a minute to say an extra prayer for him. I'm well aware that there are many children out there that are worse off. But at the same time it is very taxing on both Zac and his parents when he has setbacks. I'm hoping they'll find a solution soon. I will try to keep you posted on his progress. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers.

Until next time......... spread the word, stay tuned, and count your blessings everyday!

-Zac's Aunt Court

No comments:

Post a Comment