Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday's Fact Week 2



As promised, I'm back with Friday's Fact! I had a few facts that I thought of posting this week. But I decided on a more "light hearted" fact. The reason I chose this one is simply that I was asked about it all week. The fact for this week is..... Epilepsy Awareness color is LAVENDER!! Seize a Cure for Zac has had Epilepey Awareness/Seize a Cure for Zac bracelets for sale for a week now and I have had many people ask me why they were purple. Most people are familiar with other diseases like cancer and recognize Relay for Life merchandise. I would love to spread Epilepsy Awareness to the point that people recognize that light purple/lavender as Epilepsy Awareness.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know just what the profits from these bracelets would be used for. As stated in earlier posts, Zac has been going regularly to The Medical College of Georgia's Epilepsy Monitoring Unit in Augusta for over a year to be a part of their surgery study. He has had 3 EEGs and will be going back late this summer for his Intracranial EEG. When these patients are being monitored they can only move a very short distance away from their room. As you can imagine, a child can get very stir crazy in a short amount of time. Seize a Cure for Zac will be using the profits from bracelet sales to purchase new games, books, and video game systems for these patients. These materials are desperatly needed. Help us to bring some joy to these patients and make their stay a little easier. I want to thank everyone that has purchased bracelets, offered to help in any way they can, and helped me to spread the word for our June 18th benefit for Zac in Thomaston. The response has been overwhelming.
Please find us on Facebook if you haven't done so, "like" our page and follow this blog. I have attached a photo of our Seize a Cure for Zac bracelets. They are $2 each for pick up and $3 each if mailing in an order to 40 Edgewood Ave. Thomaston, GA 30286. If you are in Jackson, get with me, Courtney Moore to purchase bracelets. If you're in Thomaston, Alicia, Karen, Angie and Keegan will be glad to assist you. All contact information for everyone helping with Seize a Cure for Zac will be at the bottom of this post. Be on the look out for our lavender Seize a Cure for Zac bracelets!! Until next time... stay tuned, spread the word, and count your blessings everyday!!

-Zac's Aunt Court

Courtney @ 770-366-9051
Keegan @ 706-741-0137
Angie @ 706-741-0477
Karen @ 770-550-7093
Alicia @ 404-831-8415

No comments:

Post a Comment